Hold Me Tight: Conversations for Connection – Weekend Workshop for Couples
June 14th, 15th, and 16th in Kelowna, BC, Canada
Next group after June is July 12th, 13th, 14th, 2013.
Royal Anne Hotel, 348 Bernard Avenue
Friday 4:30-9:30pm, Saturday 9-5pm, Sunday 9-5pm
There is no better way to reconnect with the most important person in your life than having an intensive couple’s weekend in beautiful, sunny Kelowna BC. Learn how to end negative communication patterns and create “true” intimacy that can last you a lifetime.
Program: Written and developed by Dr. Sue Johnson the leading expert in the field of couple’s therapy. Based on her book: Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love.
Presented by: Robin Menard MSW RCC RSW and Sol Menard RPCc, of A Path of Heart Counselling Services. Robin and Sol are a married couple who specialize in Dr. Sue Johnson’s Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy.
Price: $499/per couple plus tax. This price does not include the price of accommodations.
Pre-registration is required; spots are limited. To pre-register for this workshop, please call (250) 863-7863 or make an online payment with Paypal and we will contact you for more details:
More information about the workshop:
A Path of Heart’s Hold Me Tight program helps couples understand and escape unhealthy patterns of conflict, increase emotional accessibility and responsiveness, forgive old hurts, and rekindle desire and affection. The program is a mixture of psychoeducation, video presentations, and experiential exercises that couples perform together.
Hold Me Tight is designed specifically for couples that need help strengthening their emotional connection. It teaches partners how to become more empathetic, open, vulnerable and trusting so that they can work through life’s everyday challenges.
The program was developed by Dr. Sue Johnson, a leading expert in the couples therapy field. She is the creator of Emotion Focused Therapy, which is now research proven to be the leading theory for couples therapy.
What will take place during the weekend?
1. Understanding Love and Attachment: Helps couples to understand the importance of and ways to create a secure attachment bond in an adult relationships.
2. How Love Goes Wrong- The Demon Dialogues – helps couples to identify unhealthy communication patterns and learn ways to escape them.
3. Finding the Raw Spots in the Demon Dialogues – Helps couples to examine deeper feelings, fears, and beliefs underneath emotional reactions. This is turn, helps partners have understanding and compassion for raw spots or emotional sensitivities and learn ways they can help their partner heal.
4. Fixing Mistakes and Creating a Secure Base- Revisiting a Rocky Moment – couples will learn how to repair conflicts, get out of their negative communication cycle, and re-frame the cycle as the enemy (not your partner).
5. Hold Me Tight- Becoming Open and Responsive- couples will learn how to create a healthy communication style where they express feelings and needs. Couples will learn how to turn moments of disconnection into moments of accessibility, responsiveness, and engagement.
6. Forgiving Injuries and Trusting Again- couples will explore and understand past hurtful injuries and learn how to forgive each other, trust again, and move on.
7. Bonding through Sex and Touch- couples will learn ways to create a deeper intimate emotional connection into their physical connection.
8. Keeping Your Love Alive- learn how to maintain a life-long emotional connection and secure bond.
Who Should Attend?
All couples, married or in a committed relationship, who want to improve their relationship are invited to attend the couples group.
Hold Me Tight is the group for you and your partner if:
- You are wanting to build a life-long relationship
- You are struggling with resolving conflicts in your relationship
- You want to support your partner emotionally but don’t know how
- You have trouble expressing your feelings or fears
- You want more from your partner then they seem able to give
- You want to feel more safe or secure in your relationship
- You want to experience a deep fulfilling emotional and physical bond
Please call to register for the workshop at (250) 863-7863 or make an online payment with Paypal and we will contact you for more details: